This hearty and flavorful soup will taste like it was cooked all day in the high mountain air of the Italian alps.
- 2 – 2.5 cups cooked diced beef
- 4 quarts of water
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons of “better than bullion”
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef marinade
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 drained can of green beans
- 1 drained can of corn
- 1/2 cup of dry northern beans
- 4-5 small potatoes diced with skin on
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3/4 cups of Stelline pasta
I know it seems like a lot of ingredients but the taste is amazing! This will yield you with 8 quarts ( 32 cups) of hearty soup: easily feeding 12-14 people.
- Fill an 8 Quart pot half way with water and add all ingredients except the pasta and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours, then add the potatoes and cook another hour.
- Then add the pasta and cook one more hour and done!
Top with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve with a loaf of fresh bread.